Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello All!

So, I've begun the exciting journey of couponing! Since I'm literally stuck around the house because of my gigantic tummy, this gives me something to do besides making baby goodies. Michael and Mom poke fun at me about it, but they love the rewards that come from it! Coupon Saving Game is an awesome blog that has tons of coupon matchups and advice for new couponers like myself. :)

On another, but similar topic, Mom and I always participate in making Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes every year, and now that I'm becoming used to saving with coupons, I hope to make more this year. Although I usually start later in the year, I'm starting now to make the most out of my coupons and sales. I don't have much of a stockpile, but I did find some Colgate Children's Toothpaste (given out in one of my education classes by a guest), and 2 packs of Ivory Bar Soap that I got for free at Walmart with coupons a few weeks ago. Plus, since we've gotten SO much stuff for the baby, we have an overload of baby coupons and I'm sure we'll have plenty of extras we can give later in the year. Although OCC doesn't have an option for infants, a similar program through our church does, so I'm hoping to make boxes for both. I hope that others will try and  fill boxes as they are able as well! If you need tips on what to pack or other information, go to Operation Christmas Child or Operation Christmas Joy.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're on board with Operation Christmas Child! Operation Christmas Joy sounds pretty cool too. Fill those boxes! I'll show you LOTS of ways to get free stuff to do just that. :)

    Stephanie
    http://www.CouponSavingGame.com/

    ReplyDelete